Meat Free Mondays- Orzo Salad
I first discovered Danielle through tiktok when she posted a video on this super simple easy orzo salad, it looked so delicious so I hade to try it for myself. Lets just stay I'm hooked. Its so lovely and very different to anything I have had before.
This would work great as a main dish, on the side with something else or as a side dish for a bbq.
- 3 cups cooked orzo
- 1 diced red pepper
- 3 diced large carrots
- 1/2 head of chopped cauliflower
- 1 cubed zucchini
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup vegan feta
- parsley: garnish
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Roast all the veggies with olive oil salt and pepper on a baking sheet for 30 min at 425 F/ Gas Mark 7.
2. Cook orzo. Warm chickpeas up in microwave for a minute with salt and pepper.
3. Add all ingredients into a large serving bowl.
4. Mix dressing together and pour on top. Garnish with parsley!
If this is something you try please tag @thoughtfulwaysuk on instagram and use the #twmeatfreemondays
1st Image: About - HealthyGirl Kitchen
Ingredients/method: @healthygirlkitchen on instagram
2nd image: @healthygirlkitchen on instagram