Plant wax wraps are a perfect alternative to cling-film. These wraps from Zero Waste Club are designed with a minimal look, using the natural colour of organic cotton. It is perfect for wrapping sandwiches, snacks and left-over food. Made from organic cotton, candelilla wax, jojoba oil and tree resin. Fridge and freezer safe.
This pack contains one small (18x20cm), one medium (25x28cm) and one large (33x35cm).
The product does not have any animal derivatives and no single use plastic wrapping. No beeswax used. 100% Vegan and plastic-free.
Comes in 100% recycled unbleached Kraft paper packaging, printed with Soy Ink, which is 100% recyclable.
Zero Waste Club plant and protect a tree for every item sold.
How to use:
- Open out your wax wrap, and flex and fold it to loosen it up. It may be a little stiff from being folded and sent out to you.
- Use the heat of your hands to fold and mould the wrap over, under, or around anything you want to cover.
- Use the heat of your hands to release the naturally adhesive self-sealing finish and seal to your bowl or dish, or to secure to itself to create a tight but breathable seal.
- Plastic free
- Made using sustainable materials
- can last up to 12 months
- Eco friendly
- Workplace Tranparency
How to keep the wraps:
To wash reusable wax food wraps, give them a wipe with a damp cloth and your regular eco friendly dish soap. Hang until dry. Do not put it in the dishwasher.
To store reusable wax food wraps, fold them neatly and store upright in a box or basket.
At end of life, you can refresh the wraps easily. We will be bringing a wax bar that can be melted onto the current wax wraps to refresh them soon.
Zero Waste Club's Workplace Transparency:
- Our manufacturing partners are based in the Guangdong province in China.
- The minimum wage in the province is 2000 RMB a month and the makers are paid above the minimum wage.
- Makers work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. And are off on all holidays.
- For health and safety, we ensure that workers wear appropriate gloves, hats, face mask, goggles and earplugs suitable for machine jobs. Workers also get their health checked regularly, and the company pays for it.
- The vegan wax wraps are shipped via sea freight to minimise the carbon footprint of each product. We offset our carbon emissions and more by planting a tree for every item we sell.
- A message from a worker; My name is Ivan. I’m 39 year old and have been working in the company for 4 years. I live in Guangdong with my family. I have one son, who is attending Middle School. I work in the technology R & D department, focusing on researching and improving our products. It’s great that more environmental awareness is happening and the younger generation is more receptive to it. Lets discard single use plastic and switch to eco-friendly goods made from natural and biodegradable materials. I hope my work contributes to making the world a better place and helps in protecting it for many future generations to come.